New situation? New ways to welcome our international students!
Since we appreciate that being far away from home, in a foreign country, speaking another language, sharing different traditions, may be quite upsetting – at least at the beginning, we have always been committed to making international students feel at home, including them in the local university community from the very beginning through a series of dedicated initiatives.
But during these unprecedented times, our long-established welcoming activities have had to be completely readapted to the present situation. That is why the Global Engagement Office, together with other university offices and Departments, set up a special 2020 edition of the Welcome Days that can be enjoyed both by students who managed to arrive in Padua and by those who are still unable to travel and will attend the first semester (or more) from their home countries.
WELCOME DAYS 2020 EDITION
- GENERAL WELCOME MEETING (23rd September): our Rector and other representatives of the University and the city greet newly enrolled international students;
- WELCOME MEETINGS held at School/Departments (September-October): information on lessons and student services focused on English-taught degree programmes;
- SAOS WEBINARS (every Thursday at 12pm, from 17th September to 12th November): entry procedures and residence permits;
- WORKSHOPS on Italian culture and language (October).
IN-PERSON ACTIVITIES (compliant with Covid-19 health and safety measures)
- GUIDED TOURS OF PADUA (October): discover the beauty of a 3,000-year-old city through walking tours organized by ESN;
- CAMPUS TOURS (October-November): explore the main university facilities with a senior student. Four different routes available
Anyway…Welcome to the University of Padua, new international students! We truly hope that you will make the most of this new, life-changing experience, opening up wonderful personal and professional horizons to you.
We look forward to meeting you ALL in Padua as soon as possible!